Marked for slaughter and desperate to get back to their mothers -Its a sad society that accepts this with indifference.
Anyone upset by this ought to stop eating animals, it’s not just the lambs that react like this and anyone that says otherwise is an idiot. Being vegetarian/vegan is the most respectable thing anyone could ever be in my opinion, and I love being one of them
the best raw chocolate cake ever! and it’s easy too :)
Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Bulgar Soup with Avocado
Gingersnap cookie pancakes
- Bolivia became the first South America country to ban the use of wild animals in circuses. Thanks to a campaign by Animal Defenders International all of the animals were relocated to wildlife sanctuaries.
- Peru became the second South American country to ban the use of wild animals. Proposals were also launched in the U.K. and the U.S.A.
- Shark fin products were banned in California and Toronto.
- Japan’s annual illegal whale hunt was shortened due to pressure from activists.
- Suffolk County, New York created the nation’s first animal abuse registry.
- Cooney’s Law in Nevada upgraded animal abuse to a felony crime.
- The Humane Society of the United States reported 1,615 pet stores joined its campaign to stop selling puppy mill dogs in favor of adopting homeless pets.
- Iam’s Home 4 The Holidays campaign which works with 3,500 animal rescue groups worldwide, adopted its 6 millionth dog.
- Toronto banned the sale of puppy mill dogs in pet shops throughout the city.
- Israel placed a country wide ban on declawing cats.
- Spain banned bullfighting in its north-eastern region.
- Maine was the sixth state to pass legislation banning the use of gestation crates and veal crates for animals on factory farms.
- The National Institutes of Health suspended funding for any new experiments on chimpanzees.
- Alabama unanimously passed a ban on using gas chambers for euthanasia.
- California signed a law to strengthen the penalties for cock fighting and dog fighting and those who attend events.
- Russia banned importing harp seal products.
- BLM promised to make changes on how wild horses are rounded up.
Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/victories-for-animals-in-2011.html#ixzz1hQd38i8q
Keep on fighting. Inch by inch
Also, West Hollywood was the first city to ban fur.